team mfch: our favorite things about la rentrée

team mfch what we love about fall

In France, back to school season A.K.A la rentrée is a very special moment. With many taking long summer vacations during July and August, there’s a real sensation of returning to work, for les enfants and adults, too!

Our September.October issue celebrates fall delights – colors, fruits and flowers… which got us thinking, what are our favorite things about the new season?

……………

mfch sharon santoni

I like the first hint of autumn on the air, the changing colors of the trees… And that old adage about starting the ‘new school year’ with a clean slate and aiming to do better than last year. I love la rentrée !

alice mfch

I take ‘back to school’ in the most literal sense, with fresh stationary! New pens and notebooks, paired with my usual good intentions to journal more. A pair of new shoes never fails either!

emily mfch

Honestly, I’m not a big fan of la rentrée – everyone comes back to the city and things get crowded again! But I do love the weather in Paris at this time of year. Growing up in North Carolina, we couldn’t wear real autumn clothes until well into October, so I appreciate being able to dive right into fall fashion, which is my favorite season clothes-wise!

mfch molly

My favorite pastry shops opening back up after being closed for four whole weeks (!) and all the vendors coming back in force to the Versailles’ farmers markets!

ally redmond mfch

I would have to state the obvious – fall is my favorite season because of the weather. I’ve always spent summers in places that were scorching, so September for me was always a welcome turn to crisper, cooler days – which equal cozy evenings in with family and friends. Ideally in front of a roaring fire!

What are your favorite things about the start of fall? Let us know in the comments below!

Discover the Sept.Oct issue here

9 thoughts on “team mfch: our favorite things about la rentrée

1. Dianne Adams says:

Fall has always been my fav season. For me it’s so energizing and I get a huge case of wanderlust so, because we don’t get much visible change in southern California, I like to head up to the Sierras to drink in the stunning golden Aspen trees, crisp walks and spend endless time staring at breathtaking Lake Tahoe.

2. Sandra Fisher says:

Thank you for this blog! It’s so nice to have faces and names to go with My French Stylish French Box, Instagram, magazines, emails, blogs, website and other the ways that you work as a team with Sharon to bring France to me!
    Thank you for sharing your fall season thoughts! For me, it was to completely clear the home office desk (happily retired) and redecorate. The large ugly black copier is now in the closet and I added crystal, silver and white accent pieces, a crystal lamp and books with white spines to give a new clean, more feminine look.
    On a different subject, it’s so fun to learn that Emily is originally from North Carolina. Since I live in NC and have communicated with Emily a number of times, that was a fun fact to learn. Merci and happy fall to all of you!

• Alice White Walker says:

Dear Sandra, thanks for sharing! Glad we could offer a little insight into the team and we’ll be sharing more in the future 🙂 How funny that you’re also an NC resident!

3. Linda Cobb says:

Living in South Carolina in the scorching heat, I am in the garden in September doing my crazy happy dance at the return of cooler more bearable weather. Girls, let me say that I loved loved the August Box. You guys work so hard to be authentic, creative, thoughtful, and just plain wonderful. Thanks so much for all you guys do for us, the recipients. I am also in love with the magazine. Y’all are batting 1000%, congrats to each of you. My sister Kristina agrees also!!

• Alice White Walker says:

Dear Linda, what a wonderful comment to wake up to! We are all thrilled that the box and magazine bring you and your sister so much pleasure. Enjoy that cooler weather 🙂

4. Vurginia Kinzer says:

Ahhhhh Fall. With every season change, I say, “ this is my favorite season”! Here in The mid-Atlantic states there is a distinct temperature change, a nip of fall is in the air and with it ushers in plate-sized dahlias, root vegetables, apples and magazines filled with mouth-watering recipes. Most if all though is the magnificent fall foliage of our native trees. It is breathtaking to behold.

• Alice White Walker says:

It sounds like you’ll love what’s coming up in Sept.Oct issue Vurginia! Dahlias, apples and mouth-watering recipes to come…! Thank you for your message 🙂

5. Bronwyn Lee-Coward says:

Love, love, love your work, hoping Sharon is enjoying her ME time with you young things doing a great job. I do hope that you are all doing a lot of dish washing !! Lol